Monday, February 28, 2011

Recipe Monday!

I love sharing recipes. The best part is that I know it's good and thus recommending it is easy. I also love to get recipes from other people. *Hint hint*. So i've decided to post my favorite recipes on Mondays.

Today I'll share my mother's salsa recipe. This recipe is super easy and healthy. You can control the salt, the flavor and the freshness. We make it in the summer with fresh tomatos and it is unbeliveable.


Mom's Heart Healthy Salsa
(makes about 4 cups)

2 cans of fire roasted tomatos (14 1/2oz each)
1 can chopped green chilies, drained (4oz)
8 medium green onions, chopped (1/2 cupish)
1 small green bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cupish)
1 clove garlic finely chopped
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Dash of Chili powder
salt to taste.

Place all ingredients in blender/mixer. Cover and blend on medium speed until desired "chunkieness". Cover and refridgerate. Best served 24 hours later.

You can't go wrong with this recipe. It's the best one we have found thus far.




No comments:

Post a Comment