Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A outlet...

So i had the girls over the other night because it had been over a month since I had last seen them. We were so use to seeing each other 50+ times a day at Wesley and now we get one night a month, maybe. We talked about it all, boys, marriage, girls, crafts, ideas, jobs, and how much we miss college. I was relieved to hear them miss college as much as I did. I tear up right now just thinking about how that part of my life is over and it went by so fast. I walked in as a scared freshman eager for adventure and a happy ending and I was very lucky that I got both. I can't believe I'm saying this but I miss the stress, the tests, the deadlines...my life being complete chaos but yet, I was on my own- no bills, no obligations. I know I complained and I know I wanted out...but I take it all back. Give me the chance to go back, I'll be there faster than you can finish the sentence "Would you like to go back?"

However, among the chit chat we managed to get some pretty cool stuff done last night. I painted a sunflower that I found online, Lauren painted a cupcake, and Alicia made bracelets.

Our crafting area:

Lauren's super cute cupcake painting:


Alicia being crafty:
(She made me this super cute bracelet and a lady tried to buy it off me today at the bank!)

And here's what I did:


Let me give you a little explanation...I don't usually feel like I've done really good on a lot of things...I mean, A LOT OF THINGS...but this one I have to give myself kudos. I'm really proud of this painting and plan on hanging it up in the kitchen I like it that much.
It's an 8x8 canvas and I feel that staying that small is really good for me and my ADD-craft disease. I will say I did copy this picture but that's it. Everything else I did.
So this is a brag on myself...take it as you wish!

I'll take pictures of the final version after it's framed. Taking it tomorrow to Hobby Lobby. Conveniently I got paid today AND Hob Lob has custom framing 40% off!

Shout out to everyone reading this... I promise it will get interesting one day. :)



2 comments: