Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Things I've learned living with a boy...

So it's been a while since I could even get on the Internet, much less post something. So what does one do when there is no Internet and your husband has taken over the t.v? You clean. So i cleaned...and i cleaned...and after i had cleaned most of the baseboards in the house, i stopped...I was freaking myself out. So while I was on this cleaning spree, i cleaned out the fridge and freezer. Mind you, I moved into this house with the fridge full. I had no idea what was in that freezer when I moved in. I now know. I found: 6 bags of french fries
3 freezer burnt "heat and eat" burgers.
One carton of ice cream with ice icicles that would be perfect for the Artic tundra
4 boxes of chicken fries
and a bunch of "man food".

Before and Afters of the fridge:
                      BEFORE:                                                                                   AFTER:


(Hard to tell a big difference but I can tell and that's all that matters!)

The funniest thing about this whole thing is Kyle tried to argue with me that we didn't have ANY french fries and we should by some. So in our deep freeze in the garage sits 2 more bags of shoe string fries.
Any one want some french fries?!
So one thing I've learned living with a boy, clean out the freezer every once in a while.

While cleaning I took notice how our house smells...like in general. It doesn't have an odor like smelly gym socks but I doesn't smell like "afternoon rain showers". Now it does.
Boys stink. Hands down. Thank goodness for Fabreeze air fresheners.
Life. Saver.

Also...boys are dirty. New found favorite item of the house: Clorox wipes. It's amazing what those things can do in a house. We've been through more boxes than a kindergarten classroom.

Finally...Toilet paper.
I have bought more toilet paper in the past two months than I know my mom has bought a family of four in a year. You think I'm kidding, right? Seriously. Jumbo rolls and the jumbo pack.
I'm that girl that walks out of Target with jumbo toilet paper, Clorox wipes and air fresheners. I should tattoo "wife" on my forehead and call it a day.

However, as much as I've learned about living with Kyle in the past couple months, I wouldn't change it for the world.

Part two of cleaning instead of playing on the internet: Pantry redo! Coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment