Sunday, February 6, 2011

Food for thought...

So I have a friend at work who introduced me to "Couponing". It's fascinating to me...the concept of buying 200$ worth of groceries for only 95$. So i decided that Kyle and I needed to start. For two people, we spend A LOT on food. So Kyle and I got some papers and collected coupons for a couples weeks until we needed a big shopping trip...We do this about once a month. This time i was also hosting a party that Friday and we needed some things for the party. So after researching the Kroger and Publix add, we decided Kroger was our best bet. Armed with coupons we hit the sale. After everything was said and done, we had saved 39.09$. Not too bad for our first time and only two weeks worth of manufacturer coupons.
This Sunday we tried again and tried to beat our savings from the last trip...Guess what...WE DID!
This is what we got:
And we saved 44.95$!

It's almost like a game, we plan our meals around what's on sale (not really that hard) and only buy what we need. A lot of what we got today was fresh produce. One deal of the day, Kyle found 2 fillet mignon's for 13.21$. Right now, i have the time and energy to do something like this and i think we should. there is no excuse not to! Imagine what i could do if i had printer ink and could print coupons online!
One day, I'll be the one in line that spent 300$ and only paid 50$...one day...

Until then, I'll just keep playing the game.
Hope everyone has had a great weekend. I enjoyed the sun today and got in a good run/walk with my new running shoes!


No comments:

Post a Comment