Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Things I've learned and things that have happened in the past year...

So today I turned twenty-three...23...the big TWO THREE! I'm just going to throw this out there...I LOVE BIRTHDAYS! I don't know what it is about birthdays...but i just love them. Maybe becuase it's a great excuse to have cake and get presents or maybe everyone comes together and is nice to you for a day and you can do just about anything you want...just something about brithdays...ha.

So this past year has been quiet the year for me...since graduating college my life has yet to slow down. A lot has happened and I think I've done more growing up than I have realized. You think you become independent in college and them BAM! You get tossed into the real world and your only choice is to tred water...yeah...real life is kind of like that. So on my run this moring, I got to thinking about things I've done in the past year and things I've learned and I wanted to share them with you...

1. It is still possible to have fun after college.
2. I married the love of my life and planned the wedding of my dreams!
3. Bought my own car with NO help from my parents and learned saving and compounded interest eventually do add up!
4. Just because your surrounds change, doesn't mean your friendships have to as well.
5. I have skin like my momma, and I will never tan again!
6.Life is too short to do something you hate...so I intended to fit in everything I love do to/be/feel/taste/touch and see.
7. You don't become June Cleaver over night...and neither did she.
8. I will learn to sew despite my failed attempts.
9. Kyle and I live independentlly from our parents...and it's actually the best feeling in the world.
10. I can't wait to see what 23 has in store for me.

A peak at some of my birthday presents!
Shirley Whorton, if you're reading this, I've got a wreath making book for my birthday! I'm well on my way to becoming more like you! :)
Hope everyone has a great Wednesday... I know I did!



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a great birthday, E!

    -B

    ReplyDelete