Thursday, June 2, 2011

Summer beauty products!


Did my car seriously register 89 this morning when I got in my car to go to work?
Seems we have blown straight into an Alabama summer and since we have no choice on the weather, I wanted to share with you some of my summer beauty staples!
First I would like to say, I've been reading beauty magizines since the tender age of 8 when my mother bought me an Allure. It was love at first sight. So ever since then I've been on a mission to find the best beauty staples on the market. Let me just say as a small disclaimer- These products work for me...so what works well for me may not work for you! God made us all different and that's a beautiful thing!


Let's face it, in the summer we sweat and in Alabama, we women, call it glistening. Keeping makeup on in the summer is hard enough and all the more reason to have a great complextion. I love Cetaphil as a basic facial cleasner. It's gentle but yet works great.



About twice to three times a week I use a cleanser with a little grit to it...Slosh off all those dead skin cells. If you've never had a "slosh night"...you are SO due for one. The next morning your make up goes on 10x better. Money back...quarenteed.


Next you have the mositurizer...most important ingredient...sunscreen. Which is why i turn to Olay Complete. It's a light formula and has SPF 20. I will never ever leave the house without sunscreen now.


Of course everyone wants a tan in the summer, I however have such fair skin that the older I get, the harder it is to tan...So I've decided to embrass it and self-tan! I just like to think one day, when i'm like...50...I'll have great skin because I haven't spent it under the sun when I was younger. *That's what I tell me self now...*
My new favorite self-tanner product is aresol sprays. The. Best. Ever.


Now... I have been spray/self tanning since I was in like, 4th grade. I went through the orange years, the streaky years...the orange AND streaky years...I've tired them all. Loreal and Neutrogena are my favorite brands. Other than the face tanner, I will never go back to a rub on tan again. I love this stuff that much.

I should also share that I'm a bare minerals babe...I didn't think (at first) it was going to provide me with the coverage I wanted...wrong. I love the natural look it gives and doesn't weight my face down...with that said...I have also found it to be pretty light in the summer and not "fall off" like most of the concealers I use to wear. And a plus that it's acutally good for your skin.


As for hair products go...well, that might need to be another blog post in general. Ha!

What are some of your favorite products?

It's Thursday! One more work day till the weekend! I can't wait! I have some birthday goodies I'm just waiting to get my hands on! Thanks, Mom!



No comments:

Post a Comment