Sunday, June 12, 2011

I haven't been around in forever, you might mistake me for a visitor!

Helllllooooo blogging world. It's been a while...seven days without blogging makes one WEAK! ha...haaa... (lame, i know...hush). Anyways. I think I'm finally back on somewhat of a normal week. Last week I was trying to upload pictures to Snapfish and Mpix in order to save like, 5 dollars on shipping. That took three days of going back and forth with mom trying to make sure we each had all our pictures uploaded and then trying to make an order in time. Of course we'd only had those "FREE SHIPPING" emails for a week or so. We just love the adrenaline rush of waiting till the last minute to order. And I mean last minute on the Snapfish...I had until 11pm...order placed at 10:52...Lovely.

But enough with the boring stuff...I would like to show you something I did last weekend and just never got a chance to tell y'all! I was super stoked with a sweet lady at work asked me to help with the bridesmaid's lunch for her daughter...in the goody bag department!
I made the same little paper boxes that I had at my BM luncheon. We filled them with candy and they were just too cute. So here's what the "woman cave" looked like mid-moring. I was excited. I hadn't used any of my scrapbook stuff since I moved in the house. Needless to say...there were a lot of phone calls to mom, "Do you have two of these scissors? What about Glue Dots? Where's my paper cutter? Any Velum!?". It's weird when you share so much with your mother and then BAM! You're forced to get your own stuff.


All that messed turned into this:

I was pretty pumped about how they turned out. Made me wish I had more time to chill out in my woman cave and do whatever I want.

Things are pretty busy around here. We did however make it to Rainsville and pick out a china cabinet and a bookcase on Saturday! I'm so pumped and I can't wait 4-6 weeks until they are delivered.
We went to Thomas and Sons on the way to my Grandmother's house for Thanksgiving, just stopping in a seeing if we could find a china cabinet we liked...We did but didn't have time to get it that  day or when it came in so we decided to wait. We went to get it this weekend and guess what...it was DISCONTINUED! So my luck.
But it worked out.
The one we found I like way more.
What's that you say...You wish i would post a picture...

I'm pretty excited because it combines the best of both worlds...Glass for viewing my china and storage. And it'll look great on that huge wall in the kitchen.
4-6 weeks! ah!

Hope everyone has a good week!
I promise to post more this week than last...no more picture uploading!






No comments:

Post a Comment