Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I have the coolest mom. ever.

For those of you who don't know my mother very well, you are missing out. She is the best. Basically. So what makes her so cool? Well, last weekend New Hope softball was playing in Tuscaloosa and I was super pumped about going down to my "mothership"...well, Mother Nature is a RAT! Weekend long storms totally blew my plans away. Literally. So I was stuck at home to do those things that a "wife" should do on the weekend....clean house, do some laundry...restock our pantry...things of that nature. (It actually turned out to be a fabulous weekend because I got to go to some of Danielle's wedding showers AND never did the "housewife" work like I should have done. :) ) So Sunday in church she passed me a note that said... "What about a weekend trip to Atlanta?"...my response: "HECK YEAH!" So that's why my mom is the coolest mom ever. She takes me to Atlanta.
So Friday night after work we head out to Grandmother's and spend the night with her. This way we were only about an hour and a half outside of where we needed/wanted to be Saturday morning. Plans for the weekend included taking Britney to the American Girl Doll store (AMAZING!!) and then driving to Ikea.
Saturday morning we started at the American Girl Doll Store along with the rest of America who decided they wanted to visit the store too. I have never been around so many screaming "me-me's" in my life. However, the store was freaking amazing. I collected AG dolls when I was younger and started Britney off with a good size collection...well, needless to say, our kids are going to rule the world with the amount of AG stuff we have now. We walked around taking in the clothes (and screaming "me-me's") and dolls set up in display cases showing off the latest outfit/accessories/pets/everything. We walked around for a while before Britney made her selection.
Britney and her goodies!

After walking about the AG store and getting slightly closterphobic, we decided to walk around the mall, check it out and having some lunch. Mom and Britney had never been to The Cheesecake Factory so we decided that would be a good place to rest and get recharged for Ikea.
Britney and Mom's "Excited face"

So of course no one goes to The Cheesecake Factory and does not order cheesecake...
Red Velvet Cheesecake:
Oreo:
Turtle tracks:


So finally we made our way to Ikea!
While at Ikea, after closing my mouth from the shock of the store, I noticed something that would make my life complete...

This picture does not do this "closest" justice.
The shelves...the shoe racks...the slide out drawers just waiting for someone like me to fill them with my non-existent jewerly...I want this... Kyle...I want this...

So in one day I think I did enough damage to last for a good while...

All in all...great day. I can't wait to show you some of the projects I have lined up with what I bought at Ikea...better stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I collected AG dolls as a kid too!! I have definitely made sure to save my dolls and their outfits for my girls in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With my luck, my little girl will be a tomboy and hate dolls...but I'll keep my fingers crossed that one day (mannnyy manny days from now) I'll have a little girl just like me. :)

    ReplyDelete