Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Some days...you just need a salad.

So I wanted to share with you my favorite salads. Since my best friend is getting married this weekend and I'm in the wedding this week is a PERFECT week for a salad!
So my perfect salad is this...
baby spring mix
smoked almonds
dried cranberries
blue cheese

Best. Salad. Ever.



more of my favorite toppings:
bacon
feta cheese
dried cherries


And the perfect dressing to go with this salad:

Balsamic Vingerette
1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
3 T. Dijon Mustard
3 T. Honey
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1 c. olive oil

Whisk together first 6 ingredients until well blended. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Refrigerate leftovers.

Good thing about this dressing is that it doesn't require a lot nor does it feel/taste heavy like cream or milk based dressings.

Hope you enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment