Monday, September 12, 2011

Fab find in the trash!!

So I have something exciting to share with you...You will never believe what I found...IN THE TRASH!



Yes, laying next to a dumpster in our neighborhood.
True to the meaning- "Another man's trash is...MY treasure!"

Funny story:
*Walking down the street, warming up for my run*
I walk by the dumpster and notice the window pane...it's leaning on the dumpster.
So I look around and it's clear this it's in the trash.
So...I pick it up.
I'm walking by and my neighbors are outside...a mom, little girl (about 4) and a baby.
I walk by and say hi to the mom and then the little girl says...
"Mommy, why does she have our window?"
*Freeze- crap*
I'm like, crap...I didn't want anyone to witness me taking their trash.
Our neighbor just laugs and says that maybe I'll find a better use for it.

I don't know that I'll find a better use for it...but I really didn't want to leave it sitting there near the dumpster.

So I continue walking it back to the house only to have Kyle, stopped from mowing the grass, looking at me with a look that says "Where the heck did you find that?!"
My husband loves me.

So...I'm asking you blogger-world...If you have a window pane in wonderful condition, what would you do with it?

Help!

Hope everyone has a good week!



1 comment:

  1. You should mod-podge fabric or scrapbook paper behind the different panes and use it for scheduling/meal planning. You can use dry erase markers on the glass, and it comes right off. So excited for your find! - Hannah Alderson

    ReplyDelete