Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Bucket List...

So I love to make lists...I have lists for everything. I make lists for things I need to do when I get home, for the weekend, on my off day, grocery lists, Target list, things I want (I know, superficial- sue me), etc, etc, etc…I even have a book dedicated to making lists about things. Good book to give as a gift. Makes you think about things and remember things (boys you’ve kissed, places you’ve traveled too- you get the picture).



However, I wanted to share a special list with you…my bucket list. Some of it is private and between me and God and some of it is open to the world. Before you go thinking crazy thoughts, let me tell you what got me thinking about this tonight. We talked about the coming of Christ in youth tonight and one of the questions I asked my small group was this: “If you knew God was coming tomorrow, what would you do tonight before you went to sleep?” We had the funny answers, brush my teeth, tell my parents “See you on the other side!”…and then one girl said “Read my Bible…I’m not ready for God to come yet- He’s left me too much work to do on Earth and he would be disappointed if he came tomorrow.”

How thought provoking? She’s just barely 13 yet she had a better answer than I had to answer my own question. So I started thinking on my drive home about what God would think if he showed up tomorrow…my walk with Christ is bumping right now…He’s teaching me patience and I’m doing my best to do things my way.

I also started to think about what I’ve done and what I want to do in my life and thus my bucket list came to mind. So here it goes…don’t laugh.



4. Roam the streets of Paris, stand at the bottom of the Eiffel Tower, gasp in its beauty.



9. Walk down Rodeo Drive like a freaking movie star.



13. Sew a quilt, learn to can veggies, grown a huge (and successful) garden. Basically be a good ol’ southern woman. (Learn to sew should really be first)

5. Make a million dollars.

19. Run a marathon. (which would mean I need to run more than once a week! Eek!)



Some things that I have done:

14. Go to an Alabama vs Auburn football game.

1. Marry the man of my dreams.

2. Graduate from college.



The list grows and changes…things are crossed off, my mind changes…but it’s fun. Maybe one day I’ll do everything I ever wanted to do and then some.

What's on your bucket list?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment