Tuesday, October 18, 2011

It's Pinterest's fault...

So I admit, I've been MIA for a while. I've been busy though.
A sweet friend of mine became a grandmother and I wanted to do a little project I'd seen off of Pinterest and I wanted to use the Cricut.
Thus this little beauty:

 I made the stork cut out using my Cricut and the "girl" cut out using it too.

Next on the Pinterest "to-do" list
Painting burlap.
This weekend I need to put a little nail in the door and hang it that way, but the wreath hanger convenient. Painting burlap was interesting at first. It doesn't paint like a canvas does. I used acrylic paint and a spray sealant so if it gets wet, it won't bleed on the front door.
All in all, pretty pleased with this. Still working on the bow- there again, convenient.

Last Pinterest project for a while.
Pumpkin Topiary.
This one took a lot out of me. ha ha. Our neighbor made one and of course, I thought I could do better.
I don't know how I really feel about it yet. ha ha. Kyle's calling it the pumpkin statue.
I will say this...I bought it in the living room yesterday because of the storms today, in the morning, it's kind of freaky. Just chilling there. I guess it's a, "You have to be there" kind of thing.
P.S. Whoever said this was easy to put together was sick. It was a PAIN to carve holes in the bottom of the pumpkins much less carve cute little swirls and polka dots!
And if you notice the lean...yeah, my pumpkin statue has swag.

Our neighborhood has been selected to build the feature home for the tour of homes, was on the cover of the home magazine in the newspaper this weekend, and we were all asked to "clean up our yards, trim our bushes, plant some new plants, set out some fall decor!"...The best yard will be awarded a $50 gift card...Well, let's just say, if I win the gift card, I won't come out on top.
Fake pumpkins are NOT cheap.

So needless to say, these projects wore me out a little.
I think I'm going to stick to easy projects for a while.
or just read a book?

Have a great night,
Ellyn

No comments:

Post a Comment