Sunday, October 2, 2011

Birthdays are my favorite.

Is it Sunday night already? I hate having a good weekend...means it goes by way too fast. We've been celebrating all weekend...an Alabama win, Kyle's birthday! Okay, so just those two things...Saturday I finally finished pulling out all my fall decor...and it's slim pickings...I'm really picky. (I'm sure some of you *Kyle* are saying, "You're just now figuring this out?") But I need time to think about what I want where...and I bought a few things...I found an idea here and there, eh. I'll eventually pull everything all together. But Kroger had their sunflowers on sale so I decided to buy some since we were having the family over Saturday night to watch the game.
They are just beautiful! I really can't stop looking at them.
I'm slightly obsessed.

We had our families over for dinner and to watch the Bama game Saturday night. It was great, love having our families together, the food was great, the cake was frozen...ah, yes, the cake was FROZEN.
Just a little FYI- If you buy a cake from Newks, make sure it has time to un-thaw.
It was a good thing we had some extra time before the game started to wait on the cake to THAW!
The infamous cake.
It did taste good...The homemade ice cream we made stayed cold when we served it with the cake!
Lesson learned.
Make your own cake.

Kyle got a pretty good spread for his birthday. I'm blogging off one of his gifts right now! We bought him a new computer and luckily, it was a gift I benefited from!
All in all I think it was a good weekend, even for a boy who hates birthdays.

I love you, babe...And I'll forever continue making a big deal out of birthdays.
I'll celebrate mine for a month and you can celebrate yours for a few days.
:)

It's my last week on the teller line...bittersweet.
Hope everyone has a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment