Monday, August 15, 2011

So...it's been a while.

So it seems like I'm going to be one of those bloggers that just "drops" in and blogs for a minute before I'm off to the next thing I have going on...First of all, I would just like to say how fast this summer has gone by...I know it's still "technically" summer but gosh, IT'S THE MIDDLE OF AUGUST! I seriosuly remember writing 5-24-2011 on my work papers like, yesterday.
In other exciting news, remember the curtains I blogged about last? I've decided not to buy them...I'm actually going to try to find something from J.C. Penny...some plan, neutral colors.

Just to get you up to speed, I had a bridal shower for the lovely Ms. Brittany Andrews, making some fabulous goodies, Jennifer graduated from Bama, and we had a wonderful vacation at the beach...
Brittany with her maid of honor, Kayla and me!

I have this wonderful recipe I want to share with you but I'm waiting for it to get to me from one of the shower hostess. It's amazing!

Jennifer graduated form Nursing school! It was a sweet ceremony and I bet there wasn't a dry eye in the coliseum after Dr. Whit talked about the six students that were not there to enjoy the day with the rest of their fellow students.



After Jenn's graduation, we high-tailed it to the beach for the week. It was some much needed r&r and much needed for my whole family. I love vacationing with my family...I know we're going to have a lot more of those vacations and that makes me smile.


So I guess that brings me to today.
Wednesday night starts Lift-Off with the youth and I'm so excited to get back into that. It keeps me young. ha.

And finally....drum roll please!
I'm super excited to celebrate two friends who are getting married! I'm throwing my first engagement party and I'm super pumped! I've got a great menu and some great things cooked up for this shower. I can't wait to tell you about them...on Sunday. :)


Hope this week goes by super fast...I'm already ready for the weekend!

I've got some "homey" things to show you later...it's bedtime for me.

Ellyn

No comments:

Post a Comment