Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Drum Roll Please...

Bloggers! Hello!? I want to apologize for being a spastic blogger but I promise, it's coming to an end. Starting with this post...let's hope. I've had a pretty busy summer (not complaining!) and it's slowly wrapping up. From here on out, it's just working and football games...thank goodness. I've missed some Alabama football like crazy.
So this past weekend Kyle and I threw an engagement party for some sweet friends of ours, Lauren and Justin! The party was a success! We couldn't be happier for them and we're so excited for their New Year's Eve wedding!

So of course I was too busy being the hostess with the mostess and I forgot to take some decent pictures of the table of food...but I am going to share with you menu and a couple of the recipes!
This was our dessert table...I love Pier1 and their "single serving desserts". We did peanut butter pie, red velvet cake with homemade cream cheese icing, and banana pudding. Yum-o!


BBQ Bacon Sliders with Garlicky Blue Cheese Spread
(Thanks to "Ourbestbites.com")
Fix burgers however is your favorite way to fix them...the secret is in the spread.
Garlicky Blue Cheese Spread
1/2 c. mayo
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 tbs. red wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1/4 c. crumbled blue cheese
Combine the ingredients, mixing well. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
The best thing that ever happened to burgers.

Corn Dip
2 cans Mexi-corn
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayo
1 jar pimentos (small jar)
1 can green chilies (small can)
1 bag cheddar cheese

Mix together and chill, serve cold.
I like it with Fritos but Kyle likes Scoops better...to each their own.

Mediterranean Pasta Salad
*Recipe found Here!*
I made my own balsamic vinaigrette (cause I have a pretty pimping recipe for it) but mostly after that it's just added "toppings".
It's a must try and its better the next day!

My favorite part of the party was the glasses I made for all the girls to drink out of...Things were so crazy that we forgot to take a picture with them but here's what they look like:
okay- for some crazy reason it won't load right side up...but *tilt head*, isn't super cute?! Redneck Wine Glasses!
Super easy to make. You have no idea. The place where I found them in Tuscaloosa wanted 20$ EACH for these...I made them for only 1.50$ each. Talk about a mark up!

We had a great time...My favorite part was Justin and Lauren retelling the engagement story...really wish someone would have recorded that!

Just going to finish up this post with some pictures.

The usual, ladies picture!

The fab four.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Ellyn


2 comments:

  1. Please please please tell me how you made those adorable mason jar wine glasses! Is it just a wine glass and clear candle stick? Where did you get the base?? CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yes, candle stick from the dollar store and Just mason jars from walkway! Glued together with poxy and wa-la! Super easy! And I found some candle sticks at goodwill for .50 cents so you might could get away with less than 1.50$. Jello, amazingness!

    ReplyDelete