Monday, May 9, 2011

Really...it's May already!?

It's been a while since I've blogged and for many reasons...First off, I'm coming off this horrible coughing/runny nose/no voice/only cure is horse pills disease!! Or maybe the tornadoes stirred up something in the air and caused me to feel like death for the past few days. Either way...several mornings were spent in the kitchen at 4am with me crying and Kyle trying to get cough medicine down my throat...some might have said he was beating me and all he was doing was trying to make me take some cough syrup so we could BOTH sleep. Bottom line...I will never take cough syrup again. Period.

Also I've been still a little off my normal routines with the power outage last week so it's taken me a while to get back to the things I do on normal basis...cleaning schedules and laundry schedules were thrown off and when you have a boy who goes through clothes like it's toilet paper, you do a lot of laundry.

The most exciting reason I haven't blogged lately is because I did something so very adult...I (WE) bought a car for me on Saturday!! I'm still floating on cloud nine...If you were driving a ten year old car and got a very new one, you would be on cloud nine too! I feel in love with the Toyota 4Runner's a long time ago in college but always felt a call to my Xterra...that car has seen some good times. I couldn't help but sit back and think about what that car has been through  as we dropped it back off at my dad's house and it still runs great amazingly!. I've taken down  gates at the apartment, took it off roading on the highway (long story mom- better not ask but Leah is still alive.), Kyle kissed me for the first time while I was sitting in that car...it made too many trips to and from Alabama...Bham shopping trips...it went to the beach a couple of times and if you sit in it and be real quite, you can hear Dave Matthews humming through the speakers...It was a great car with a lot of memories...And I can't wait to see what kind of memories I make in this new one.


Pulling out of the dealership in my new ride!

Hopefully I'll be able to get back in the blogging swing of things! Hope everyone has a great week!


1 comment:

  1. You should clarify--I'm BARELY still alive hahaha. GOOD TIMES!!!! Was that the same trip or a different one when we ended up in Holly Pond?

    ReplyDelete