Monday, January 16, 2012

Sewwww...What's up?

Well I've had a really good weekend. Like, a really really good weekend. I got some house cleaning done, had a great lunch date with a sweet friend, LEARNED TO SEW, got some sleep, relaxed, and enjoyed some good food with Mr. C. I'm really sad it's over.
Just to let everyone in on what's going on in our life right now...My dad is having triple bypass surgery this Friday. So that's my "not blogging" excuse for awhile...I can't really think of what my excuse has been for the past few weeks. Soo, on to something a little lighter. :)
We tried two "new" recipes this weekend. We both knew how they tasted, they were copy cat recipes from Macaroni Grill and BoneFish but the only thing was...is ours going to taste the same or better? Both we great!! I was really impressed with us. Seriously, Pinterest is the best thing to ever cross our paths.

Here's the link to the bread... CLICK HERE!

It's seriously SO good. Make sure you read the directions all the way through before you start it...you have to let the bread rise twice...We didn't catch that until we had already started our other part of the dinner. Fab.

We also made Bang Bang shrimp!! Da'bomb! I loved it. Kyle wanted it spicier...go figure. It was actually perfect for me. But I'm sure you could adjust the heat after you've made it a few times.

Here's the link to the shrimp... CLICK HERE!

Seriously, you're going to want to try them. Amazing!

Lastly, I wanted to show you my cute cloth napkins I've been working on! I'm just learning to sew and it's the perfect project. Straight lines. Can't beat it.

Picking the right fabric makes all the difference in the world. I mean, they look like something out of Pier1. I wouldn't recommend looking at the stitching too hard though. Haha. I'm pretty excited though. I love cloth napkins and this is a great project to help me learn how to use my sewing machine. Who knows what I'll be doing by the end of the year! It's opened up a how new "search" in Pinterest though!

I hope everyone has a great week! Only 4 days!!

Ellyn



1 comment:

  1. I emailed you a pin you might be interested in. I was too advanced to really get my money's worth out of it, but I think you may be perfect for it. One of the projects was even cloth napkins.

    ReplyDelete